Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chipotle's Burrito Bowl



Chipotle caters to the people with Celiacs Disease and Gluten Sensitive and a bunch more food allergic people. Chipotle offers a burrito bowl that is COMPLETELY SAFE for us to eat because there is no Wheat, Barley or Rye in the ingredients. You can put the following ingredients in your burrito bowl: 

  • Lemon rice (Both Brown & White) 
  • Lettuce
  • Several choices for meat
  • Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Guacamole
  • Corn Salsa
  • Salsa
  • Beans
  • Onions (Green, Purple) 
The only thing you want to avoid at this restaurant is their FLOUR TORTILLA as it contains gluten. 
The servers at every Chipotle I have been to, which is about 2 or 3 now have been very fast at what they do, very similar to Jimmy Johns if you are familiar with that restaurant. 

When I go to this restaurant, which is as much as possible because it's so devine and you can't get enough of it, I order the following: Steak, White rice, Beans, Cheese, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Corn Salsa, Salsa, Onions and Guacamole. My total comes up to about $8. plus tax. 

If you haven't tried Chipotle yet, YOU HAVE TO, IT'S AMAZING!! 

I give the Restaurants service a 5 out of 5 score
and I give their burrito bowl a 5 out of 5 score           

Been here before, let me know how you like it by commenting below.


**UPDATE AS OF 7/2/14**
If you have Celiacs disease and cannot handle even the slightest crumb of wheat, you might want to consider asking a manager to give you a bowl from the back room where the spoons haven't touched. I noticed that the spoons touch the tortillas and then back into the containers making it a HUGE RISK for cross contamination. So, in order to avoid this, I would recommend waiting until it's not as busy in the restaurant and talking with a manager about your situation. I came to this conclusion when I started becoming sick from the chipotle bowl and while watching them prepare it, I noticed this was the reason.
Please be careful! 




1 comment: