Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Rosa Mexicano In Miami Florida


My husband and I took a trip to Miami Florida on July 14th-17th of 2016. 
This was the first time ever seeing the ocean up close and personal and let me tell you, was that the most exciting experience ever. 

I felt the warm southern sand between my toes and felt the warm waves crash against me. 






But that wasn't the only highlight of our trip! 
While searching for a gluten free restaurant, I stumbled upon a little restaurant called 
Mary Brickle Village 
900 South Miami Avenue 
Miami, FL 33130 


At first I wasn't sure if they would fully understand what GLUTEN FREE means and if this place would even be able to cater to my strict rules when it comes to preparing my meal correctly, but I am pleased to say that they exceeded my expectations. Right as we sat down at one of their tables, they greeted us with a bowl of their homemade salsa and fresh (warm to the touch) crispy chips. The salsa had the perfect amount of seasoning and tasted fresh, the chips were salted perfectly.  The gluten free menu was pretty large, the waiter reassured me that majority of everything they cook at this restaurant is gluten free and they understand the need for gluten free food & special preparations. 

 We decided since we were celebrating our 9th year wedding anniversary, we might as well splurge a little and ordered their famous guacamole. The guacamole was like heaven in your mouth.
It was smooth and creamy, the ingredients were fresh, and taste of the tomatoes and cilantro just filled your mouth with every bite. When I think back on that night, I seriously hope I wasn't loudly moaning at the pleasure my taste buds were experiencing. 
(We got sucked into how amazing the guacamole tasted and forgot to take a photo of it.)

Before I ordered my main dish, I went ahead and ordered a coke.
Keep in mind, I am used to standard Cocoa cola, which at times can be pretty strong in the fizziness/carbonation department, but this coke had all the cokes I've ever drank in my life beat. It was still strong in carbonation, but more sweet in flavor. It really didn't have the bitter after taste that I have become accustomed to. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by this soda. 
I think it may have been Mexican Coke?. 
What ever the case, if you go here, order their coke, it is AMAZING! 

I decided to order gluten free Budin de pollo, which is braised chicken tinga layered with soft corn tortillas, chihuahua cheese, roasted Mexican peppers and grilled corn. With pablano cream sauce. 


This dish is on the spicy side but totally worth it. You can definitely taste the home made corn tortillas  and Mexican peppers. The chicken is moist and the corn was delicious. The sauce was creamy but once again spicy. My favorite had to be the cheese though, there was so much cheese on here, I was in cheese heaven. This is a dish I totally recommend trying. 

My husband ordered Tampiqueña de Carne Asada, (from the regular menu)  
which is a grilled skirt steak marinated in quajillo chile and tequila with rajas con crema, guacamole and a chihuahua cheese enchilada topped with a roasted tomato sauce. 

My husband said this meal was delicious. 
We were dining outside and this was our beautiful view. I love to see the city life. 
There is something about the glowing lights and the tall buildings that just brings joy to me. 
You add that with great gluten free food and the ocean, makes for a great little get away.



                          Thank you to my wonderful groom for bringing me to Miami Florida! 


Overall, I give this restaurant a 5 out of 5 star rating, because it's THAT GOOD! 

 
Rosa Mexicano's Gluten Free Lunch Menu
Rosa Mexicano's Gluten Free Dinner Menu




 



No comments:

Post a Comment